Magreta

In the XVI the mansion and the castle of Magreta were under the Pio jurisdiction, when they traded Carpi with Sassuolo and other appurtanences. The remains of an ancient castle resurfaced during the excavations at the Western buildings of the actual parish church. The church, dedicated to St. Mary of the Nativity, houses a fine canvas depicting the “Crucifixion”, ascribable either to Francesco Madonnina (1560-1591) or to the Sassuolo-born Domenico Carnevali (1524-1579).

The Colombarone  natural reserve, lies at the confluence of the Fossa stream and of the Secchia river and is a Site of Community Importance (SCI).

RSS
Email
Facebook
Google+
http://www.visitformigine.it/magreta/?lang=en
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest
LinkedIn
Instagram


Visit Formigine